Breathe in... Breathe out... Move in... Move out... / 0 comments (+)
At last, a little bit of peace and quiet and time for myself. Albeit, there are still unopened boxes and various miscellaneous items strewn about the place - nonetheless, I reserve the right to take a break! The first thing I set up was the router, thus my excitement to write my first (true) post. I am currently writing on my newly constructed bed in my room, but I was inspired to write about my new living arrangements while sitting on one of the foldable chairs in the living/dining room.


The living room (Instagram).


I was excited with the prospect of moving into my very own place. Of course, I'll be living with two other people, but I will be alone for the better part of the next four months. I will be taking some time to get accustomed to this new place, and do my best to keep myself occupied. I can finally make some real progress with Kathleen Kent's The Traitor's Wife and I can focus a bit more of my time on writing about the books I've read and the places I've explored.

Speaking of books, I had the pleasure of passing by a local Chapters while I was home for a short visit. I was having coffee with a good friend before she had to leave for work, and I was left to my own thoughts for a little bit before my ride came. Browsing through the titles only made me even more restless to begin my summer reading - something that I had been suppressing since my last exam. I knew that I still had a lot to do and that I wouldn't be able to properly focus my time and energy into reading. While looking through the rows and rows of books, I found a few familiar titles that I remember reading once before, but haven't revisited in a number of years. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden was a very good read, from what I remember. I recall becoming almost obsessed with this apparent phenomena that was a geisha. This was short lived, but I was still very much enchanted with the book and its main character, Sayuri.

After I complete The Traitor's Wife, I would love to get my hands on another copy of Memoirs of a Geisha. The one I had read in the past was borrowed from a cousin, and I'm a bit impatient so I will go out and buy it as soon as I can. It's also nice to have your own copy!

My Dad will be coming back this weekend to bring more things that we may have forgotten. I've written up a list of books that I have left behind that I couldn't fit into my luggage. Hopefully I will have enough space for them all - I suppose that means it's time for a visit to Ikea, wouldn't you say?


← OLDER POSTS | HOME | NEWER POSTS →

DiaSaph
A little space in the internet dedicated to sharing the little things that make Kim happy. I welcome you to my humble abode, make yourself comfortable, grab a cup of whatever beverage you wish, and read on, little earthlings.

Instagram


2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Kim has read 0 books toward her goal of 20 books.
hide


Last.fm

Created by last.fm widget


NaBloPoMo Challenge
NaBloPoMo March 2014

Networked Blogs